Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default Q: What besides plants and mulch do you have in your garden?

In article , Persephone
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 15:17:18 -0700, Bill Rose
wrote:

In article
,
Bill Rose wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

That took me a minute. Never had any interest in that "culture".

And no reason too. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. It's just
that I haven't always been as level headed as I am today.

- Billy

Besides, that was two lifetimes ago. Since then, I've been a teacher
and, a business man. Right now, I'm honing my skills as a dilettante.

That is a flat contradiction in terms. A dilettante does not "hone
skills" or do anything but flit carefree from fun gig to fun gig.

So you have a problem with me being a professional layperson. Or is that
lieperson, hmmm?

Oh, you and my brother. When anybody asks when I'm going to retire, he
rolls his eyes and says,"From what?" But if you ever get a chance to
work in a winery tasting room, take it. Of course you'll have to take
the standard vows of poverty but, you get to spend the day with people
who are having fun. Life is too short.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that my life has the ability to expand
to take up all of the time available. Then there are those times when I
work 14 hr.s/day, 6 days/week. It's particularly nice to be free at this
time of the year to get the garden in.

Ideally, every day should have its' own name.

Unfortunately "What ever goes up, must come down. But that's not my
problem", said Werner von Braun.

Time to barbeque.

a tout a l'heure,

- Billy (my brother Jimmy, always calls me Billy)