Old 04-06-2007, 09:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rima Neas Rima Neas is offline

Default Dying carob tree in SF Bay area

My big carob tree is looking very sick. I did put in some drip irrigation
around it to feed the surrounding vegetation, so I suspect the roots got
waterlogged. The soil around here is mostly clay. I have removed as much
of the irrigation as I can, but am wondering what to do about the tree. A
great many branches seem to have died out, having only dead leaves on them.
Should I prune all of them back? What can I do to nurse the tree back to
health?

Cheers, Shawn

PS: Any pointers would be most appreciated, my Google searches seem to
return mostly Biblical references.