Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Will my clematis sieboldii survive?

In article ,
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson wrote:
The message
from "Keith" contains these words:

Mine is in a big pot underneath an evergreen bush. It's survived the snow
and the frost and is now growing pretty fast.
Even c. cirrhosa 'Freckles' is doing pretty well. I'm having more trouble
with the normal hybrids than the difficult to grow varieties.

I have C. cirrhosa 'Freckles' in quite an exposed position and, although
it tends to look a bit rough at this time of the year, it grws
vigorously and has never been too affected by frost.

I grew it for a while, but it never thrived and flowered miserably,
so I got rid of it. It didn't seem worried by frost, though we had
no hard winters (for Cambridge) during the time I grew it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.