Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Grave Yard Guy Grave Yard Guy is offline

Default Tomato leaves curling upwards

One of the tomato plants is acting strange and appears to be in some
major
distress. I thought that it might be aphids, so I sprayed but it didn't
help much.
The leaves have all curled up/in and it seems as if it's shrinking
inwards.
It's hard to explain. I don't see any marks on the leaves, nor any bugs
or
worms that might be responsible. I have photos if anyone cares to see.

If there are no bugs, no fertilizer burn or lack of water, you might find
that the plant is one of several varieties of tomatoes whose leaves curl, or
may have a tendency to curl, naturally. Can you identify the plant variety?

I planted 14 different varieties this year. I've observed curling to various
degrees with Anna Russian and Bull's Heart. Can't remember the third type,
either Marianna's Peace or Goliath. It's too early and still dark here to go
out and look. I also remember last year there was a variety of yellow tomato
that curled but I don't have my 2006 journal nearby.