Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default rhododendrum care

"Eggs Zachtly"...
FireBrick said:
Or more correct question maybe:
What kind of care should I give now?

Prune it as you see fit, to the shape you desire, if it's done blooming.

OK, here's my question build on this. I have huge rhododendrons around my
deck. I have in the past pruned them back but not too much after
flowering ends. No problem there. My thing here is that I have been
afraid to cut them back 'too much'.

Is there such a thing as 'too much'? I would ideally like to cut them
back to lower than on-the-deck head height and this might be cutting off a
good third of the height. Will they branch out from old center wood?
Thanks,
Tomes