Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
alice

Default help please STEEP hillside garden

Thanks Mike, I'm trying to avoid going parallel to the wall if I can,
partly because the second terrace isn't very deep back to front & I
want all the garden space I can get, & also because if I go straight
down there's already an existing boundary wall that will be support at
one side of the steps. ( that goes down in a series of sharply angled
"steps".) It's the actual construction of the steps I'm stuck on. I
can't do what I've done in the past in gardens with ordinary steep
bits, which was to just dig in at an angle & wedge big blocks of stone
in. We have started on a slope, a sort of mini-hill, where the steps
are going to be. It's hard to describe what I mean, it's such a quaint
space. Access at the moment is via a few wobbly stones at the top of a
neighbours garden then a drop & hang onto a tree trunk & slither the
rest of the way.
Alicia