Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

In article ,
"Gareee©" wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
San Diego Joe wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote:

Gareee© wrote:

Doug Brown" wrote in message
This really isn't that tough, and google should be your friend.

True, but as you just said, you got TONS of hits.. and after trying
about 8 different ways to attach fitting to the rubbermaid, I don;t
want
to screw it up, and I don't want to deal with leaks and tearing the
whole thing apart a week from now.

It's not like there's a "build your own pond filter" website, with
specs, part numbers and order info.

There isn't? Too bad, I know there used to be some (OK, perhaps not so
far as "order info" but with specific part availability).

Funny. Try googling "build your own pond filter"

I'm not sure what your point is. I don't see anything there that actually
gives the sort of detail Gareee wants. I really do recall having seen
some
that did.

It's funny you mention that,. Derek.. the whole point of getting the group
back was to have a resource for us to share information, but when someone
has an honest problem, and asks for issues, were were a number of "google it
yourself" replies.

Only that when people were inquiring about very general things, a good
place to start is with Google.
I found myself going to Google for a few of the topics brought up here,
and was able to learn even more.