Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

In article ,
"Gareee©" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

Only that when people were inquiring about very general things, a good
place to start is with Google.
I found myself going to Google for a few of the topics brought up here,
and was able to learn even more.

I use google here all the time,. but the best pond tips I've gotten are ALL
from the old newsgroup. Plus it makes no sense to try various web tips, when
people here have already tried them, and found issues with them.

Otherwise why even bother to have the newsgroup? The whole point it to share
tips, tricks, successes and failures so we all have better healthier ponds.

Of course, but in the instance where someone might be looking where to
find a particular product, a Google search would have solved the query
pretty quick.
The Gorilla Glue thread, for example is a perfect example of what you
are talking about - Personal experience on its effectiveness.

For example: The topic of using a shop vac to clean my pond was worth
it's weight in gold to me.
Would have taken a while to find that solution in Google.

The group rocks. (or flows)