Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article ,
wrote:

well.... we have one sports car, one gas efficient mazda and a trailer for
when we
need to haul stuff instead of an SUV or van. we moved into the city and DH
is now 1
mile from work, I am 5 miles. no more big commutes. we shop locally and I
mostly
buy online so there arent a lot of shopping trips. we dont do "car"
vacations and
long trips. our gasoline needs have really dropped. Ingrid

I can't move closer to work. It's not practical so I use close to 2
gallons per day during my commute.

But I make sure that I do most of my shopping on the way home from work
as a slightly different route will pass me thru town on the way home,
and shopping trips to Austin are severely limited.

I'm on vacation this week and won't be going anywhere. I have too much
to do here anyway. ;-)

I also shop by phone somewhat before going out so I can make just one
trip to one store.

I don't like to shop on line as credit card interest rates are too high
so I limit their use to what I can pay off each month.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.