Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default bonfire damage

On Jun 4, 5:51 pm, Pam Moore wrote:

Have you tried talking to them? Friendly diplomacy is the best first
option. Like you I'd be wanting a rant. Hope you can get them to see
sense and neighbourliness!

I am about to try that, friendly diplomacy that is. For years, in my
French home, next door have a high hedge of conifers. Intertwined
amongst the conifers are all sorts of climbing weeds with tendrils and
I swear they jump from their trees into my shrubs. I have that sticky
stuff growing and also now that stuff with little berries and leaves a
bit like a maple leaf, I dunno what it is.

Every summer when the family next door come down from Paris, they
mutter and tut about the stuff growing on the trees and I mutter back
and smile at them as I pull off the offending stuff from my shrubs.
This year it has gone beyond a joke and their is a vine of the stuff
from their conifers growing about 12 feet high and it has attached
itself to a shrub of mine which in turn has attached to another shrub
ad infinitum. This summer I shall gently ask them if they would mind
felling their ruddy trees and giving my shrubs a chance.

Judith