Old 04-06-2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

Checked with all the local farmer's supply and marine supply stores in the
area.. because of a drought, there are no bulkheads (or very few) available
locally. Figures.. LOL!

So I went back through the thread, and looked for the web page that showed
how to make one from electrical conduit.

Yet another trip to Lowe's again.. sigh they like seeign me far too much!

Anyway I managed to cobble up what looks like workable bulkheads. I used 1
1/2 inch, so it would match the pvc connected to the clear line I have
coming from the uv filter. The tub gaskets he mentioned were far too large,
but we managed to find #18 O rings that look like they'll do the trick, and
you get 10 for a buck n change. I'll use one on the outside of the sterlite,
and one on the inside as well.
Hopefully they are large enough.

Originally I grabbed the larger ones mentioned in the article, but then was
trying to find connectors for the clear line I have for output, and was
grabbing far too much stuff to make a cap.

Only thing I'm lacking, is some "grate" thing for the bottom of the filter,
to keep the filter material away from the bottom, so I'll use a small milk
crate in the meantime, just to get it running.

I'll probably buy some 3/4" pcv and corners, to make a box shape with legs,
and then use strapping of some kind running around that for the filter
material to rest on.

With luck, I'll have this together in a few hours for a test.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)