Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Serious case of plant lust

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Heuchera 'Obsidian
Though at $20 a pot, I may have to wait...

BUT - I did make a major score at Home Goods today. 4 steamer style chairs
at $60 each. Best we had found so far were $180 each and looked terrible.

I'm lusting after a decent sized potted or balled specimen of
Cryptomeria fortunei but it seems that I'd be looking at least a $250
price tag. If anyone had one, anyway. The fact that every plant vendor I
talk to tells me that "we can get one for you" doesn't help since I'd
never consider spending that kind of money on any tree I couldn't lay
hands and eyes on before paying. They are beautiful trees though, if you
live long enough to see one grow up that is.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]