Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default sweet butter lettuce

Jan Flora expounded:

We have a darned grizzly bear hanging out around our place.
The SO has spooked it off the driveway two days in a row.
(We have to walk 1/2 mile to the mailbox this time of year.
The driveway is too muddy to drive and we've been too busy
to bring the 8N Ford tractor up here from the ranch to drive
that in & out.) So we spent awhile this morning reloading
the appropriate firearms with the heaviest ammo we have for
everything. What a PITA -- I'm trying to put the garden in --
I hate having to keep the shotgun handy while gardening.

Well, Jan, you certainly have larger problems there than the bunny and
woodchuck that's threatening my garden!
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked