Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default bonfire damage

"Eleni" wrote in message
k...
Thanks for all the advice and just to update everyone.

I "had a word" with them tonight and got an apology for the photinia and
one of them came round and re-attached my trellises for me! So, I'm much
happier!

It is their wall btw, so I'm aware that I had no legal grounds, however,
it did only seem polite to let me know what they were going to do and no
need to burn my shrubs at all!

There is an obligation in English law to "maintain a boundary", but as this
can be honoured by a piece of string being hung between two sticks it's
hardly an effective law.

--
Brian