Old 05-06-2007, 10:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

"G Pearce" wrote in message

Hi Garee - IME, a 2" return fitting will handle up to a ~ 2000 gph pump -
if you are pumping more than that through the filter, you need more than
1 - 2" return line, but more than ~1000 gph going through your filter of
45 gal will be a problem as it will not work as well (too fast) - I use a
2500gph pump that is "teed" so that I am actually running ~ 800 - 900gph
through my 45 gal barrel filter and the rest directly to my waterfall
Gale :~)

Good to know.. I ended up getting a 3" setup just in case. after I made a
gasket, and test fit it, the parts became so stuck, I couldn't unscrew
them.. hopefully a quick trip to Lowe's, and they'll have some way to
unscrew them.

After getting it on, I'll drain about 2/3 of the pond to get rid of all the
crap floating around in it, and hopefully that'll help the new filter get is
clear sooner.

Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)