Old 05-06-2007, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default For Charlie - hot sauce

On Jun 5, 11:37 am, Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:13:12 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

Hey Charlie,

How did your BBQ turn out this weekend? Or was your leash too short for
even that???? LOL..............

Rae

Hey Rae...

Nope...the short leash worked just fine. Made do quite well with the
sitchyation! ;-)

The smokers and grills are in the garden, so it was no probelm
whatsoever.

One of the world's great smells......light hickory and oak smoke under
pig!

AMEN! i love that smell!

Had grilled chicken, with your sauce for lunch, most basted on, but I
like mine on the side, and we had pulled pork for supper.....I had to
have pepper/vin on the pork though.

Had the whole nine yards....potato salad, slaw, baked beans....but no
banana pudding that day.

sounds good.....yum.......making me hungry! lol

Well, the may not have been just like yours, but it was darn good!!

I trust you sang like an angel? And ate too much?

did my best

Wow, I remember well the church potluck dinners. Except that every
time, there is always one dish that *everyone* wants, and it is
*always* gone when you pass thru. :-(

exactly and I was one of the last

Care
Charlie, thinking a a leftover pork sammich

Can you send me one for lunch???

hungry now,
Rae

Hey! Some people around here have high cholesterol.

I would think that BBQ would have more effect on the hypertension
factor than the cholesterol. oh, and since they say that vinegar can
help fight cholesterol, that's where the hot pepper vinegar comes into
play.
Do you mind? Left over pork sandwich indeed, humph. I suppose you butter the bread first
and then chase the whole thing down with a chocolate malt. Sheesh. Left
over pork, unglaublich.

Nope - no butter - i myself prefer an onion bun to loaf bread for the
sandwich, and while the chocolate malt sounds good.....i'll take mine
with a Dr. Pepper.

So how do you mid-westerners smoke things up? Using my plain ol' Weber,
I twist up some hicory chips in some aluminum foil, and add water to
them and just let them sit. Then I fire up the coals in one of those
chimney thingies, put a can of water on the lower grill and, when the
coals are ready, pour them out next to the water, drain the water out of
the wood chips and toss the foil containing the wood chips on to the
coals, put on the meat and close the vents on the lid to about half.
Then I wait as long as I can. When doing ribs, I use real charcoal
because it burns longer.

I don't know about mid-westerners, but we usually put the chips right
in the grill (no weber, unfortunately). We use hickory, mesquite, or
whatever happens to be on sale.

With ribs we will use a marinade/basting sauce but chicken is usually
just fine as is. Left-overs (aka: planed-overs) will either find their
way in to a salad or a tortilla or both.

Chicken is good plain - if not dried out, but marinade helps with the
moisture a little for the white pieces. And I agree with you on the
left-overs - also makes pretty good chicken potpies!

Always willing to learn.

ME TOO!
- Billy
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)- Hide quoted text -

Rachael aka Rae

not rachael ray.........lol