Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

On Jun 3, 1:55 pm, wrote:

I haven't seen a honey bee this year! But the numerous species of
bumble bee seem to be reproducing at a much higher than normal level
since there is no competition for food. IMHO, they are taking up much
of the slack for the missing honey bees. Maybe not enough for
commercial growers, but certainly enough for the rural/urban gardens.

-Red-

I've seen six (6) bees all year..when I used to see six in one minute.

Agree on the wild and bumble bees..a lot more of them around.

I have crepe myrtle trees in bloom and there are literally hundreds of
bumble bees dancing from bloom to bloom, and not a honey bee among
them.

Red