Old 05-06-2007, 02:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Placement of greenhouse?

Yeah plactic and lime dont taste too good.
But for heat and cheap reflection it would work easy, and the advantage
of lime is it can be washed off. But probably best for real glass.
Lime is also great for soil. So they must know hat they are doing.
Len would know...

Loosecanon wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
Loosecanon wrote:

My thoughts are to align it east-west (that is the longest sides) so you
harvest as much sunlight in winter as possible.

Richard

Thanks Richard - I thought maybe that but I wondered if it'd get TOO hot
out of winter times - I guess that wouldn't matter, huh, with the humidity
it'd create?

I have had people cover the structure with shade cloth in summer then put
the plastic cover over that in winter. It really depends what you want to
grow. Plastic and lime wouldn't appeal to me.

Cheers

Richard