Old 05-06-2007, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default bonfire damage

"Eleni" wrote in message
k...
Thanks for all the advice and just to update everyone.

I "had a word" with them tonight and got an apology for the photinia and

one
of them came round and re-attached my trellises for me! So, I'm much
happier!

It is their wall btw, so I'm aware that I had no legal grounds,

I agree that diplomacy is the best way but you DO have legal grounds even if
it is their wall.

Check out the "Party Wall etc Act 1996" - it doesn't just cover party walls.

http://www.diydata.com/planning/part...y_wall_act.php

Quote:
"The Party Wall Act comes into effect if someone is planning to do work on a
relevant structure, for the purposes of the Act 'party wall' does not just
mean the wall between two semi-detached properties, it covers:
snip
A garden wall, where the wall is astride the boundary line (or butts up
against it) and is used to separate the properties but is not part of any
building.
Continues..