Old 30-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Blueberries in Containers

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:32:35 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from "Jack" contains these words:

Does anyone know anything about growing Blueberries?

...the leaves put on a good colour show in autumn.

That's an important point. I don't think anyone has ever claimed
that currants, gooseberries, or raspberries are particularly
ornamental, but blueberries certainly are. In fact, I'd say that
they are handsome enough to be grown solely for ornament.

And while we're at it, let me mention "Cape Cod Blueberry Grunt",
a traditional dish. You can find recipes for this on the net,
though I prefer the one in the tenth edition of the Fannie Farmer
Cookbook (1960). If anyone desperately craves this recipe, email
me privately.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada