Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Bumblebee disease?

Alan writes
In message , K
wrote
Over the last few days I've found several dead or sluggish bumblebees,
in my garden and in my father's about 1/4 mile away.

No signs of anything wrong, except the sluggish ones just aren't
moving, and one of them seemed unable to move his back legs.

Was this early in the day?

If so they probably just need to warm up a bit in the sun. They can
only fly if their flight muscle temperature is above 27 C

No, this was late afternooon on a hot day, I was finding them on
flowers, in the house, and on the drivewa.
--
Kay