Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default OK - the first pond starts tomorrow

BoyPete wrote:

Me? I'm forecasting a very hot summer. Will a veggie filter be enough?
You're talking small puddle and a 'few' fish........I have an uneasy feeling
about this Gill. Got some diagrams/dimensions/gallonage?

Sadly, until I start out digging I can't give any stats on the size of
the thing....but think a lot of barrel water features, highly
oxygenated......may not even put in any fish but it would be a shame not
to.....the key, is to heavily plant, at least that is what I am working
on....and a very low fish bio-load.....not much different to the indoor
tanks coping with high temps.......

Gill

PS Have you still got that pond fleece on offer.....might take it off
your hands in the next day or so