Old 06-06-2007, 12:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Default Travis County Tax Ripoff

"LibraMoon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Austin Gardening People,

I want to warn everyone that many of us are being taken advantage
of
by the Travis Country Appraisal District. They may be using 2 out
of 5
vastly different, better, more updated properties as so-called
"comparables" to fix the tax appraisal higher on your home.

Go there and ask them for a list of the comps they used to jack
your
property appraisal up. The ones they used on my modest cottage had
mahogany floors, a canyon view and decks and terraces all
around --
not even close to my style/value house and newer also.

snip
Stand strong -- LM

Sounds like a first class rip-off. I don't live in Travis, but I
suspect perhaps similar things are happening all over.

But take heart, you surely feel confident that they will quickly
lower your valuation as soon as houses come down a bit (SURE).

Problem is if you vote the bums out, the new bums will be as bad
when they get in their second term. Read that as "We need term
limits".

Bob