Old 06-06-2007, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gregoire Kretz Gregoire Kretz is offline

Default When garden styles collide

Robert wrote:

I have already indicated that I am not a fan of my neighbours style of
garden as it appears to me to be a sterile environment, but I do support
their right to interpret their space in their chosen manner.

One thing you can do, then: invite them over for a cup then take them
for a walk in your garden. Explain why things are like this, and why you
like it this way. They'll certainly understand, or at the very least
respect you for it and leave you alone. In return they could do the same
with their garden.
You're going to be next to them for a long time, better start good
relationships right now before it gets too late, too many lives were
made unnecessarily complicated with neighbourhood disputes.

Greg

--
Aoh! La fée Haggis! - Un pti verre?
Oops! - Remember Culloden!