Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default For Charlie & Billy - hot sauce

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

Hey ya'll,

came across another sauce recipe - I'm planning to try tonight. thought
it
might interest you two.

Sweet-Hot Strawberry Barbecue Sauce

Published in: Knoxville News

2 cup fresh strawberries -- hulled and sliced
1/3 cup strawberry preserves
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large garlic clove -- minced
1 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger
1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest
1 scallion -- minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro -- chopped

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until
smooth. Serve with fowl, fish, pork or beef.
Yield: 2 cups.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

Why thank kew Rachael. This goes on the meat for the last twenty minutes
and then is served as a garniture?

- Billy

no prob! the recipe wasn't specific for the sauce's use, but that's how I'm
gonna try it. Oh yeah, got the recipe from rec.food.recipes

I'm on that group too, but mainly just read it - don't post much.

Rae