Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Need a tomato expert to help!

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

Omelet wrote:
You can prune the trees back a bit. ;-)

It won't kill them.

The only pruning I would do to a tree would be to remove branches that
obstruct the way or damage the tree when brushing against each other.
Trying to prune a tree to prevent it's natural canopy from forming is
not something I'd do.

Hey, I gotta protect my house roof! ;-)

And trimming the lower canopy back a bit is not bad for the tree.
Remember, I said "a bit".

Sometimes it does not take much to give your ground plants more sun.

At least I did not say "cut some trees down". G I don't do that either
in most cases, unless a new tree is threatening my foundation.
I have a very nice bunch of trees here, including 1 old OLD cedar and an
even older Mesquite. That old Mesquite is nearly 2 ft. across at the
base.

The only trees I take out are all of the sprouts that come up every year
from the hackberries and the ligustrums. Those are fair game as "weeds".

The pecans the bloody squirrels plant every year get dug up and potted
as soon as I spot them and if they survive, I give them away.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.