Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Need a tomato expert to help!

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 07:33:01 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Omelet wrote:
You can prune the trees back a bit. ;-)

It won't kill them.

The only pruning I would do to a tree would be to remove branches that
obstruct the way or damage the tree when brushing against each other.
Trying to prune a tree to prevent it's natural canopy from forming is
not something I'd do.

Me either. There are so many fantastic shade plants I love that it's
almost a blessing to have so much shade. Knowing that I created much
of it because the day I moved in I planted trees have now provided me
with shade. So, for this reason I grow my tomatoes and eggplant in
containers and have to set them out by the pool. Next year I will
plant them in really nice planters. Maybe I'll make some hypertuffa
and put it on the outside of the container using chicken wire to hold
it on the pot. At least it won't be this ugly plastic thing.