Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 PM posted to austin.gardening
pistor pistor is offline

Default Need a tomato expert to help!

On Jun 6, 8:09 am, Omelet wrote:
Hey, I gotta protect my house roof! ;-)

Yeah! Us too, we've removed some dangerous limbs from above the house.

At least I did not say "cut some trees down". G I don't do that either

We've cut down all the original trees in the back now, the last one
went down this spring. We've replaced undesirable species or trees in
bad locations, with better species according to the master plan.

I have a very nice bunch of trees here, including 1 old OLD cedar and an
even older Mesquite. That old Mesquite is nearly 2 ft. across at the
base.

That's a big mesquite! The oldest trees we have left now are chinese
elms in the front. And this year our bald cypress will be just as
tall!!! Those elms are 50 years old!

The only trees I take out are all of the sprouts that come up every year
from the hackberries and the ligustrums. Those are fair game as "weeds".

Most volunteer trees are treated as weeds around here.

The pecans the bloody squirrels plant every year get dug up and potted
as soon as I spot them and if they survive, I give them away.

We do that with agaves.

Cheers.

Victor