Old 30-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Warren

Default how do I fill a raised flower bed

volts500 wrote:

Actually, here in Florida where the state bird should be the

mosquito,
having a pond or water feature stocked with fish reduces the mosquito
population because the mosquito larvae are consumed by the fish rather

than
growing to adults in other habitats. Before we installed the water

feature
we couldn't stay outside in the summer longer than 10 minutes without

the
skeeters writing their names on us..........now we can sit outside all
night.

Before you had the water feature, the mosquitoes in your yard were bread
someplace else. I understand that the larvae in your pond never mature,
but what happened to the mosquitoes that were maturing where they were
coming from before?

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.