Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Lawn Tractor Electric Clutch

Big Duke wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 1994 Troy built Lawn tractor with the electric clutch unit. It
worked fine since it was new until now. When I first start to mow it works
good until I shut it off for a minute or so. ( to move lawn chairs, hose
etc.) When I turn it back on it does not work. If I use it the next day
when its cold it will work fine until shut down like before. I'm stumped.
This Troy built was made before they were bought out by another outfit, so I
am not even sure where to ask other then you folks. Any comments or
suggestion?Thanks for reading my post.

Duke

Check to see if it is getting power with a meter when it will not work.
Likely there is a break in the windings and after shutting it off the
heat causes the break to open.

Ignore the idiot that said "it's losing it's magnetic ability".

--
Art