Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default When garden styles collide

In message , Les Hemmings
writes

Exactly... they should put right the damage done. Failing that, how about
117 tons of pea gravel, raked nice and flat in swirly patterns and a 42 ton
rough linestone boulder dropped in the middle of their garden. If they like
an ordered landscape then Japenese might suit.

Pass them a rake with a little bow and a "I helped you with your garden,
wazzock-san."

If you took their view on neighbourly "helping out" in the garden you could
rotovate their lawn and turn it over to spuds while they were at work, Or
flood it and stick some gunnera and flag iris in the muddiest bits
overnight.

At the very leat get them to pay for replacement Hawthorne....

Les

My colleagues came up with a couple of quite evil suggestions:
- did we ever collect slugs and snails at night, if so what did we do
with them;
- erect a 'Trespassers will be prosecuted" sign well within our property
but facing the neighbours and at a height to enable them to see it
without difficulty - this should be sufficiently large to ensure that
they could not possibly claim that they had not seen it (floodlighting
was suggested) but could be in either of two styles, weathered rustic or
with a smart grey background to match their fence panels in an effort to
be sympathetic to the image they are striving for.

--
Robert