Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Having trouble id'ing this blighter - weed perhaps ?

"Uncle-C" wrote ...
A couple of these have suddenly sprung up in my flower bed.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4843/weeddc9.jpg

I have been planting annual seeds in previous years so I am unsure if
they could be flowers or weeds. I personally would say weed but cannot
find anything similar on the net.

Thanks for any help !

Looks like an Opium Poppy to me, as long as it won't cause a problem let it
be and enjoy the beauty. Usually pink single but there are some beautiful
red doubles around here. If it's a good one just collect the seed and
scatter it where you would prefer them to grow next year (and thereafter).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden