Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Broccoli

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

In article ,
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:

I have half a dozen broccoli plants. The plants are getting fairly big
but I don't see any signs of head formation. When should I expect to see
the heads start to develop?

I'm in Massachusetts, the plants were transplanted from flats about a
month a go.

Did you fertilize them? Or top-dress them with compost yet?
You could try side-dressing with a high N fertilizer and see
if they'll do something...

Jan

You want blooms.
Wouldn't a bloom fertilizer mix higher in Phosphorous be better than a
higher N mix?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.