Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default flowering & fruit trees

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message

I get flyers in the mail quite often from different nurseries advertising
for "dis-count" prices on their flowering trees and fruit trees. i just
don't know much about whether or not those companies are safe to order
from. can any one tell me some companies like this (with true discount
prices) that have good reputations? i can't afford the local nursery
prices. way too high.

You do realize that "discount" trees will probably be all of 6 inches tall?
How long are you willing to wait for a "real" tree?
A robust, well grown tree of viable size is the true bargain here, IMO.

And neither one is much good unless you prepare the soil properly- different
trees have different requirements.
Where on the planet are you located and what types of trees are you
considering?

--
Toni
South Florida USA