Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default flowering & fruit trees

Here are some common problems of trees. Hopefully this information will
help you avoid them.
BTW a good nursery is
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/

Many tree problems are associated with the following:

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and
Look up "Tree Planting"
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/index.html Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning/

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message
howdy everyone!

we are thinking about trying to re-do our front yard. right now, it's
kinda on the hideous side. having trouble getting the grasses to grow.
yard's too sandy or something. no problem with weeds and trees, but
anyway - my question this time is this:

I get flyers in the mail quite often from different nurseries advertising
for "dis-count" prices on their flowering trees and fruit trees. i just
don't know much about whether or not those companies are safe to order
from. can any one tell me some companies like this (with true discount
prices) that have good reputations? i can't afford the local nursery
prices. way too high.

thanks,
rae