Old 07-06-2007, 06:35 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Default Taking out undesireable trees (was) Need a tomato expertto help!

jangchub wrote:

I have a hackberry on the west side of the house which furnishes the
entire property with it's delightful seeds which I think the birds
poop out.

Anyway, it is HUGE and shades the garage very nicely. However, I
can't stand the weed part. Would you cut it down, and if so, who'd
you hire to do it. It's in a precarious part of the yard with very
little room between the house and the fence and the neighbors garage.

Victoria

Hackberry is probably my least-favorite tree. If it's HUGE and shading
the garage, it's probably going to at least partially fall on the garage
at some point in time. There's at least one giant hackberry out east of
Webberville that split and both halves came down in that storm Sunday.

If you're really looking for a service, my girlfriend used They Might Be
Monkeys. http://theymightbemonkeys.citysearch.com/ She said they seemed
to know what they were doing, and were very careful, both with the trees
and their persons. They also advert^K^K^K *support* KUT, FWIW.

Me, I gotta get a new chain for the ol' Sears electric chainsaw, and get
after some of my broken elms.

DT