Old 08-06-2007, 03:53 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

Ok, I've finally got it working! The lid does seems to contain the sterilite
bending, so that's good. There's a place on the front for a lock, and I
might add some bends wire and tie it, just for aditional support.

I still have a minor leak on the to outlet bulkhead.. I have 1 gasket
inside, and 2 outside.. I'll add a third tomorrow, and see if that will give
me enough compression to seal it. We've been in pretty bad drought for the
last few months now, as a cup or two of water on the ground won't hurt
anything.

All the lower home made bulkheads with the O rings seems to work just fine.
Wish I could fine some larger O rings around here, to use instead of the
gaskets cut from rubber gasket material.

Ah well.. it finally works, and other then the fish unrooting a few small
transplants, all seems fine for now. With any luck, the uv will take care of
the green, and the filter will filter out the suspended crap floating
around.

Oh! and had my first lilly bloom today as well, so after both the wife and
myself weed whacking for 5 hours, it's turned out to be a good yard day.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)