Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] wdcrockett@pcisys.net is offline

Default State of Our Ponds (SOOP)

On Jun 7, 3:13 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:00:57 CST, wrote:
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Winter disposition: Un covered, exposed to the elements.
Present state: Water clear, lily's up what numerous buds ready to
bloom. Water iris in full bloom, fish very active and feeding well.
Water cress taking over. LOL. So far so good.

Winter casualties: 7 koi.

Site address:http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/
New pictures soon...
W Dale

What happened? :'( ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

Hi Jan,
It was a very hard winter for us here in the Springs. And, it seemed
to hang on for an extra month! I lost 7 koi and the interesting thing
is that is seemed to be 7 healthy koi.
Things are better now, and I am looking to replace the ones that I
lost. Pond is looking good and the fish are eating well. Now I just
need to get some water hyacinths, water lettuce, and parrots feather
and life will be even better. Today and tomorrow out temps are in the
low to mid 60's and on Saturday we are suppose to be in the 80's.
Colorado for you. :-)
Nice to hear from you! How are things going in your neck of the pond?
Dale