Old 30-03-2003, 06:44 AM
volts500

Default how do I fill a raised flower bed

"Warren" wrote in message

Before you had the water feature, the mosquitoes in your yard were bread
someplace else. I understand that the larvae in your pond never mature,
but what happened to the mosquitoes that were maturing where they were
coming from before?

--
Warren H.

Interesting question. Evidently they are still there.....wherever they came
from. The neighbors come over and comment how they can't go outside their
homes without getting attacked by mosquitoes. We still get bit from time to
time, but not anywhere close to what it was. Are you suggesting that the
decrease in mosquitoes around my house may be attributed to something else?
If so, what could it be? We did remove most of the grass (er,
weeds)........about 3/4's of the property now is some sort of plant or bush
(mostly butterfly attractors and host plants) and a small vegetable garden.
I'm probably just as guilty as the next guy when it comes to forgetting that
I left a container of some sort out where it can collect water. I imagine
the treefrogs, toads, dragonflies, and other creatures attracted to the
water feature contribute to the decrease in mosquitoes too.