Old 08-06-2007, 09:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Rain barrel directions

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message

I purchase my barrels from a local food company that makes teriyaki sauce
so the barrels are food quality. Of course the rain water collected may
not be, but I know the barrels are.

Glenna if you collect rain water off your roof and you don't live in an area
of heavy pollution then you should have no problems drinking the water. I'm
in my mid 50s and have drunk rain water collected from the roof for about 40
of those years. This is the most common method to obtain drinking water in
rural areas in my country and I've not heard of anyone bothering to use
filtering techniques. Bird poop is mostly phosphorus and it's not a problem
to humans.