Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lombardy or Nor'easter Poplar?

wrote in message
. com...
it is better to plant two rows that way they overlap and block
quickly. Ingrid

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:49:19 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:
I would like the trees to grow at least 4'
per year and have a width of at least 10' so the line of trees
would
touch one another.

My neighbor has a couple poplars right on my southern property line.
They block the sun for hours a day from an area I'd love to use as
garden, dump branch chunks all over my yard, and threaten my house
when they decide to fall over. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. A
pyramidalis variety or emerald green aborvitea would make a much more
managable hedge. Or, check
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...161313132.html

Bob