Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default new homeowner with lots of clover flowers

"Bob F" expounded:

"beecrofter" wrote in message

Look the only reason clover is percieved as a lawn weed is that the
chemicals used to control turfgrass weeds also killed the clover and
the herbicide manufacturers covered their butts by changing clover's
image.

There has also been issues with the bees clover attracts, and bare
kids feet.

I know I got stung when I was a kid stepping on bees.

Bob

Well, I've got a yardful of wonderful white clover right now
attracting all kinds of bees. If I still had little kids I'd make
sure they knew to wear shoes out there for this period of time. Just
as my parents did. Who knew? Parenting is a lost art, I guess (
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts