Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default WAS:Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Now: found bulkhead parts

wrote in message
ups.com...

HoooRAH!!!! for your first lily bloom! :-) I have a few buds coming
up but no flowers yet. Maybe by Sunday.

I was expecting some sooner, but I'm wondering if the lack of sunlight down
into the water has slowed thier growth some?

One can hope!
Glad to hear the bulkheads are working for you. I used ABS fittings
and couplings. Screwed them in to the Rubbermaid and they have worked
fine. VERY inexpensive! I will try to take some pics (I purchased my
very first point and shoot digital camera this year!) and post them on
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib/
Success to you!

Thanks. I'm using abs as well, since it's cast in black, and looks a bit
nicer then the gray electrical conduit. What did you use for
gaskets/sealant? I've got one gasket inside the tub, and two outside, and
I'm still getting a slight leak. I'll try adding a third outside today, and
see if that helps.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)