Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Volunteer tomatoes

wrote:

They're coming up beside decorative plants in large pots.

Must have been seeds in the dirt I used to fill pots.

They seem very healthy -- almost more so than the ones
I painstakaking planted and labeled and transplanted and...

Be interesting to see what materializes down the line!

Persephone

I always grow a lot of the "salad" tomatoes and every year I get a good
number of volunteer plants from last year's garden. Some of them I
transplant and some of them I give to the neighbors. The only down side
is that I never know exactly what they will be but neither I or the
neighbors care because ANY home grown tomato tastes better than the ones
the supermarkets sell.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years