Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help identifying 2 plants

In message , Gargoyle
writes
Can anybody help me identify these two plants -
http://freespace.virgin.net/gjd.good2go/plants.htm

Thanks-a-mundo

The first is not a dog rose - roses have pinnate (or perhaps ternate)
and toothed leaves, while your plant has simple and scarcely toothed
leaves. You may also have noticed a lack of thorns. Philadelphus is not
a plant I'm familiar with, but that would be my immediate suspicion.

The second is a Phygelius (Cape Figwort); the usual yellow-flowered one
is Phygelius aequalis 'Yellow Trumpet'
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley