Old 09-06-2007, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
GARY GARY is offline

Default Replacement groundcover

Hi Emilie,

"Watered" may be somewhat inexact. What I really intended to convey
was that, for the first few weeks after planting the BSC plugs, I
"sprinkled" them daily. After that, I watered the garden whenever the
soil looked dry or on the warmer days. I never "flooded" the garden.

No, I don't have gophers, snails or slugs.

I'm looking for a fairly low-growing, flowering groundcover that will
form a dense mat (to reduce the incessant weeds) and that will
tolerate Riverside's 115-degree summer days and 20-degree winter days.