Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default For Charlie - hot sauce

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:03:29 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

Apparently, high levels of aluminum are found in the cerebral cortex in
Alzheimer's patients. Aluminum doesn't migrate much but because it is a
metal, it will dissolve in the presence of acid (citric, ascorbic,
oxalic, ect.). Cooking instructions always tell you to do sauces with
acids in them in enamel pans and pots because iron or aluminum can
change the color and taste of the sauce.

Does perspiration contain enough acid to dissolve and allow the skin to
absorb aluminum from anti-perspirants?

Maybe.
http://www.aakp.org/aakp-library/Alu...tiperspirants/

I've been using a mineral salts stick for awhile, seems to work fine,
at least the cat is not trying to cover me up.

The other way not to get Alzheimer's is to not get old or, have
circulatory problems like high blood pressure, high triglycerides or,
high cholesterol.

I'd like to add to that Bill. One segment of the population is nearly
guaranteed to get Alzheimer's, some times rather early onset.....people
with Down's syndrome. Doctor's and neurologists often start people
with Down's syndrome on Aricept, sometimes at a young age. Namenda may
be added as the disease progresses.

A lot of it is hereditary but why push your luck. If you make too many
bad bets, one is sure to come in.

You sound like your young enough and, have time to make adjustment.

To your health,

- Billy

Charlie