Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Webster[_3_] Jim Webster[_3_] is offline

Default Is decking safe (with regard to small children chewing it)?

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 05:49:34 -0700, wrote:

Hi, I was planning to make some planters for our garden from decking
boards (from Wickes or B&Q).
As it's treated it should last a long time, however I am worried
whether this 'treatment' is harmful to small children by touching or
chewing (we have a 15 month old son and hope to have another child).
I would have thought it was safe as it's so widely used but just
wanted to double-check.
Thanks

Absolutely stunning that a parent should need to ask such a question!
There should be a test before people are allowed to breed, you clearly
wouldn't even find the test centre.

ALL wood treatments are highly toxic. To answer another poster MDF is
full of toxins.

Do society a favour and give the kids up for adoption, you're clearly
an idiot!

No doubt you're the sort of parent who thinks it's OK to leave the
kids alone while you pop out for a meal?