Old 09-06-2007, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Potatoes in bags

"Pam Moore" wrote:
I have 3 potatoes growing in one of those bags sold for the purpose.
We have already discussed them here.
The top growth is enormous, far taller than the same variety growing
on the allotment.
If I cut back some of the stems will I lose bulk in the harvest do you
think?
---

I have always been under the impression that you should keep earthing
up around the stalks as they grow in the bag, then new potato bearing
roots will grow from the earthed up stalks. As they do in the open garden.

MikeCT