Old 09-06-2007, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default New to this Newsgroup

In message , "David (Normandy)"
writes
One thing you may wish to look at is killing crossposts as much of the
'static' on this and many newsgroups is made to multiple groups.

--
Robert

Is there a newsreader that allows you to automatically delete all
crossposted messages? It isn't possible in Outlook Express. That would get
rid of most of the off topic troll rubbish.

I have use* the wonderful steam powered Turnpike - it allows me to set a
limit on the number of cross posts and anything which hits the limit
e.g. 3 newsgroups, is flagged as 'uninteresting' (recently I have set it
to 2).
* I have tried Agent, Gemini, TB and even OE, but always reverted to
Turnpike.

--
Robert